Bee Sticky Rich...

What? I decided to look up the word torte in the dictionary to get the definition. Torte: Literally, cake, esp. of a rich variety; specif., a sticky cake made of nuts, fruits, white of egg, often crumbs, and very little, if any, flour. Now I will share my pear recipe #2. After I did not find my pear cake recipe in my notebook, I decided to search on Kraftfoods.com. I did not find a recipe similar to the "lost" recipe, but decided to try this one instead.

Almond Pear Cream Cheese Torte
1/2 c. (one stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 c. sugar, divided
1 c. flour
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
4 fresh pears, peeled, sliced
1/4 c. sliced almonds

Heat oven to 425F. Beat butter and 1/3 c. sugar in a small bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan. Beat cream cheese and 1/3 c. of the remaining sugar in same bowl with mixer until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Spread onto bottom of crust. Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon. Add to pears in large bowl; toss to coat. Arrange over cream cheese layer; top with nuts. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375F; bake 25 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen torte. Remove rim. Refrigerate torte for 3 hours.

I took this to share at our weekly family gathering at my Grandpa's house. Everyone seemed to like it, and my honey loved it! (that excites me since before this and the pear bread, he never touched a pear...before you know it, he may be climbing the tree to get him a fresh one!)

Comments

Popular Posts