Bee Gourdy...

I know...Christmas is still more than two months away, but the Busy Bee finally has her act somewhat together! As I mentioned earlier, mom (officially the Queen Bee...probably the main reason the Busy Bee has her act together) and I have been busy creating Garnished Gourds (like the new name?!?). I thought it was more appropriate. When I began calling them Goofy Gourds last year it was way before I decided to incorporate crosses in the designs. And crosses are way too serious to be called goofy...so hence the name change. (Thanks to my sis and cousin who helped brainstorm with the good ole' thesaurus one Friday night...I know, you want to come party with us!)
Garnished Gourds will not be available at Bee Angels until sometime after Halloween...but I wanted to let you guys see this year's collection ahead of time (hey, Bee Angels' Best Buddies deserve special treatment!) Speaking of which, if you see one you want (there is only one of each design), let me know, and I will make sure you get it...well, the first to let me know, gets it...ha, don't I just wish they were that popular :) So here is my plan. Almost everyday until Halloween I will post a Garnished Gourd or two. There are twenty in all this year. See the before picture below:
Each comes with a certificate that says:
This certifies that you are the proud owner of a one-of-a-kind Garnished Gourd. This Garnished Gourd was home planted, grown and watered by local gourd farmers. It was later harvested, sawed, sanded, wood burned, and stained with love. Cherish the imperfectness which accompanies this hand crafted gift.
Merry Christmas 2009

And an optional addition: The Queen Bee designed and created the cutest keepsake/gift boxes this year. As you can see in the picture at the top of this post, each features a unique gourd button! Choose one to keep your Garnished Gourd all nice and secure after Christmas is over or use one to "gift wrap" any present!

One more bit of exciting Christmas news...If the natural, woodsy Garnished Gourd is not quite your look, Bee Angels is working on another one-of-a-kind gift for you...check back to get a preview shortly!

Garnished Gourds will soon be available at Bee Angels in the Shops of River Square Center.

Comments

Popular Posts