Bee Tasty...

Yum! I made this pear bread with pears from my uncle's tree last week. I was looking for a pear cake recipe I made a few years ago. I did not find it but came across this clipping I took from that insert in the newspaper called "American Profile." Recipes that include items that my family grows always catch my eye and when I get around to organizing my recipes again (one day!) I am going to have a section devoted entirely to this type...maybe I will title it "Overabundance" since that is normally the case :) Now after I finish eating this pear, I will type the recipe for you!
Pear Bread by: Jane Wiles

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1 t. salt (I just did a little sprinkle)
1-1/2 t. cinnamon
3/4 c. vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
3 eggs, slightly beaten (I used rotten...j/k)
2 c. sugar
2 c. peeled and chopped pears
2 t. vanilla extract
1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts (optional) (I used pecans)


1. Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour two 8 1/2-by-4 1/2 inch loaf pans (I used two different sizes-not sure the measurement-but they both turned out great...with less cooking time.)

2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mix eggs, oil, sugar, pears, and vanilla in a small bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Stir in nuts, if using.

3. Spoon into pans. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Mine passed the wooden pick test after 50 minutes.) Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans. Slice when cool. Makes 2 loaves.

Enjoy! My honey and I had one loaf for breakfasts last week, and I shared the other. Everyone loved it...might need to visit the pear tree again this weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts