Bee an Undercover Angel...


Bring joy to some one's life. An article and then an editorial I read the other day really made me think. It talked about people who give to give and people who give for recognition. Though I personally believe giving of both forms are usually honorable, when someone gives and receives no type of recognition...that is rare. When I gave my honey his Valentine's day gift, I did it to show him how much I love and care for him and this type of gift is good even though I was recognized by him for thinking of him. But what about people who anonymously give gifts? Why do they do it? Do they feel they have been so blessed and are just spreading the joy? Maybe they pray that they will end up giving to a stranger who really needs their spirits lifted? The editorial I read (some of you may have read it too) was someone thanking the car in front of them at the drive thru of a fast food restaurant. When the writer of the letter pulled up to the window to pay for the families' meal, the cashier told her that her meal had been paid for by the car that was in front of them...except the car had already driven away and the writer would never know who bestowed this act of kindness upon her. Wouldn't the world be a merrier place if we all were a little more kind? Do you have an elderly neighbor who seems lonely? Drop off flowers at his or her doorstep. Bake a few goodies and leave them in the mailbox. Bee an angel in disguise!
Pictured: New vase available at Bee Angels in the Shops of River Square Center.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi, My first time to see your blog, due to the mention of "Undercover Angel". Gmail alerts me whenever the name of my song is mentioned.
Just wanted to say I'm delighted to see the title used in such a positive context!
Best,
Alan O'Day

Popular Posts