Bee Talkative...

This Valentine's Day tip can be used by all. Simply take the time to relax and chat with someone you love. Brew a hot cup of coffee or tea, add a few sweets, and use the time to catch up. Been a while since you chatted with your girlfriend? Invite her over. Have you and your husband been busy running the kiddos to and fro? Get a sitter and get back in touch with one another. Maybe you have another couple that you have lost contact with lately? Ask them to join you. Not really in the mood to chat? Cuddle up with your cat or dog...he or she won't mind if you are lacking interesting topics and will no doubt enjoy the extra attention. Take the time to love this Valentine's Day.Fleur de lis cup holder and serving trays available at Bee Angels at The Shops of River Square Center.
Valentine's Day Blast from the Past:
Though I can't remember many of the actual events from this particular Valentine's Day, a picture sticks in my mind that reminds me of my childhood. A picture of me in a bright red shirt with white ribbons looped around into circular shapes with big red buttons in the middle and don't forget the big bow on my head! If you could see my feet in the pic, I am sure I had on bright red socks to match and maybe even red Keds (shucks...not my gray boots). Remember the school parties where you decorated a bag with heart doilies and glitter and everyone brought those tiny cards? It was so fun playing mailman as you dropped them in all the sacks. Some had a sucker stuck through it, some were the Fun Dip packs. If you were like me, when you filled yours out at home you had to pick through all the cards to make sure you did not give any of the boys ones that said something about "love" so they would not get the wrong idea? I remember I always used the ones in the package that said "Will you be my Valentine" since it did not seem so mushy and serious and I actually did not know what that meant but it sounded ok. Now when you think back, it was the sweetest thing when a little boy had a crush on you and brought you a bear or picked you flowers...but at the time, how embarrassing! The innocence of young love...

Comments

Popular Posts