Bee Sweet as Honey...


Christmas is over, New Year's parties have ended (Happy New Year, by the way), it's cold outside and honestly this time of year usually takes a little buzz out of me. I am one of those bees that always needs something to look forward to. Valentine's Day is just around the corner and this is really one of my favorite holidays. It's sappy, it's sweet, it's casual, it's fun, it's romantic, it's silly...it's really what you make it, just like everything else in life. And life is too short to not celebrate every chance you get! Today I started thinking about past Valentine's Days and what made them special, unique and memorable. Starting today until Valentine's Day on February 14th, I will bee giving you sweet ideas to celebrate this loving day (regardless of your marital or dating status-it really is a fun day no matter what!) along with stories of my past Valentine's Days. I invite you to post your memorable times as well. I love to hear a good love story...or funny is good too! Plus if you post, I will send you a coupon for 40% off anything in my store-including sale items! I also have a contest planned to go along with the Valentine theme. I will post it closer to the sweet day so be sure to keep checking back for ways to make this Valentine's memorable and to participate in the contest and win a great prize!

Sweet Tip of the Day:

Surprise your honey with a romantic dinner by candle light. Cook his or her favorite meal or pick up food from a favorite restaurant. Use Valentine's Day as an excuse to do something different, special and out of the norm.
Valentine's Day Blast from the Past:
My husband and I take turns planning the special day for one another. Our first Valentine's day as a married couple was our actual second one together and it was his turn. He decided to cook dinner and let me relax and be the Queen Bee. During the days before, I could sense his frustration of finding a recipe that was "not so fancy" with ingredients he knew. So, I suggested going to kraftfoods.com-one of my favorites for a good, quick easy meal. He found the recipe and pointed out that the preparation time was 5-10 minutes and it had 3-5 ingredients. The day came, I relaxed in a warm bath with a glass of wine while he cooked the elaborate meal-ha! Meal time arrived, and let's just say his taking the easy road was evident. It really wasn't bad. I think I liked it more than he did at least. It did lack robust flavor...and we had a pot full large enough to feed any army. We can always remember this Valentine's day being the one we had the yum-yum good leftovers for a week! This year is my honey's turn...wonder if he will test his culinary skills again!?!? Maybe he will stick to his BBQ speciality! Though the meal was not the highlight, being together, in love, made it a terrific night.
Romantic dinner candle sticks, champagne glasses, and wine stoppers are available at Bee Angels in the Shops of River Square Center.

Comments

Popular Posts