Bee Cool...

The Summer heat is definitely here. What do you guys do to cool off? A few weeks ago, I tried a new refreshing treat. Besides cutting all the seeds out of the watermelon (to save time use a seedless watermelon...I do not have this variety in my garden) this was a super easy drink. Cube about 8 cups of watermelon and put in a blender and puree. Mix in a pitcher with one lemonade and one pink lemonade frozen concentrate until melted. Pour half a glass over ice. Fill the remainder of the glass with club soda or sparkling water. Garnish with lemon or mint.
I had about half a pitcher of the watermelon/lemonade mixture left. I froze it for a later cool-down. I think next time, I will put it in a blender and add ice to make it a frozen drink instead of on the rocks. I tend to like my fruit drinks frozen and more on the icy side instead of tart.
On a different note...how many of you attended the sidewalk sale last week? Score any amazing bargains you want to brag about? I got wine bottle painting originally $50 for $10 and a cute coffee mug originally $8.99 for $1! I saw tons of cool home decor for awesome prices, but at this stage of our house building, I just have no idea what kinds of stuff like that I need. Maybe next year! Post a comment and tell me what you got!

Comments

Popular Posts